1) I am featured, along with Al Weis and his family, in a terrific article by Mark Herrmann in today’s Newsday, commemorating what happened forty years ago today (October 16, 1969).
2) On October 16, I was an in-studio guest on “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” an episode of Colin McEnroe’s Show on Connecticut Public Radio. Will Leitch of New York Magazine was another guest, as was Jefferson Singer, a psychology professor at Connecticut College. The topic was the psychology of baseball fandom and the 50-minute show, if I do say so myself, will strike some of you as more worth listening to than a whole year of daytime WFAN. Give it a try the next time you’re picking up the kitchen or organizing your closets. You can also download it to your I-Pod. You can find it right here: Take Me Out to the Ballgame.
2) Sunday, November 8, I will be on Sports Talk Live with Frankie the Sports Guy at 10 pm on 1240 WGBB AM
3) Tuesday, November 10, I will be giving a reading from my new book at 7:30 pm at the South Huntington (LI) Library.
4) Tuesday, November 17, I will be giving a reading from my new book at 7:30 pm at the Teaneck (NJ) Library.
5) Tuesday, December 1, I will be giving a reading from my book from my new book at 7pm at the Hillside Library, New Hyde Park (LI).
I will have more information soon about other appearances, etc. Once again, if you want to read about my book, see samples, blurbs, reviews, and ordering information, follow this link: The Last Days of Shea: Delight and Despair in the Life of a Mets Fan.